Reading body language: Reading or understanding body language has many twists and turns. Knowing what facial expressions mean can get you so far and then you need more information.
Nonverbal communication is more than just a few of your bodies actions it can even include a few items you have not thought of to communicate with others.
Take for example that you decide to go out for a night on the town and you want to attract some females or males depending on your tastes. You decide that in order to attract men or women through your body language that you want to dress better than any body else who will be at the club you are going to. Is that a form of body language or non verbal communication…
This isn’t a trick question.
Yes or no…
Ok so you are right the way that you wear your clothes speaks volumes about you, are the clothes:
- · In style, extreme or casual – This could explain the type of or amount of value you put on what society thinks of you or the person wearing the clothes. There are some who only buy name brands or designer clothes and then there are people who don’t buy clothes based on anything else but how much they cost or how cheap they are.
- · Tight or lose around the body – Is the person wearing the clothes in shape or does it seem odd for the way that the clothes fit onto the body?
- · Cleaned recently or are the clothes dirty – When was the last time that the clothes were washed?
- · Worn excessively or are the clothes newer – There are some people who wear the clothes to the very end and then there are those who consistently buy new clothes.
- · Pressed, ironed or wrinkled – does the person wearing the clothes pay attention and make sure that they look the best possible all of the time.
That is just the tip of the iceberg now you get to take a look at the accessories but for a few moments the focus will stay on the clothing.
Is it easier to approach a person in nice clothes or in clothes that may not attract others? When was the last time you asked a homeless person for directions? Did you not ask the homeless person question because of the way that he or she looked? Is it your beliefs of their non verbal communication that caused you to not talk to this person or was it something else?
Is it easy to approach you with what you wear or is your non verbal communication along with your body language telling people to stay away.
In order for you to communicate effectively with your body language and non-verbal communication you must first be prepared and that comes from how you have dressed yourself along with how you have paid attention to details of your clothes and your accessories.
Yes that does also mean your shoes should be cleaned and polished also since it is one of the first thing that women look at besides your teeth and your wallet.
As always I would like to thank you in advance for your comments and or questions
Now go implement!
Scott Sylvan Bell